Re: GNUstep cookbook: frontend to df. <VirusChecked>

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: GNUstep cookbook: frontend to df. <VirusChecked>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:47:51 +0200

On 01.07.2003 23:55:54 Nicolas Roard wrote:
>On 2003-06-30 18:40:12 +0000 Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
><Lars.Sonchocky-Helldorf@bbdo-interone.de> wrote:
>
>Hi,
>
>> Nice, but i want to mention that it looks strange in both Internet
Explorer 5
>Windows and OmniWeb 4.5.1.
>
>ah ... well I'm using css, so we could make some changes quite easily.
The
>only problem is that I don't have IE5 Windows or OmniWeb to test !

Well, I donwloaded the HTML and the CSS to fiddle around with it a little
;-).

The CSS is not the problem. The nesting of <div>s is:

You have:

        Introduction

        Table of Contents

        Article

This way the CSS definitions for the <div class="article"> interfere with
the CSS definitions for <div class="notes"> and <div class="note">. Some
Browsers might get this right but not all.

I changed it to:

        Introduction

        Table of Contents

        Article

I have attached some screenshots to show the effect (IE 5.0 Win only,
OmniWeb has expired, I can't start it anymore until I buy a license. It
looked even worse in OmniWeb).

>> Greetings, Lars

Lars