Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 22:16:49 -0600

David Ayers wrote:

But back the issue at hand... Should we keep, or rather aim at supporting apple-apple-gnu? - and therefor stop relying on the gnustep/base gnustep/gui header indirection - with all the implications it has on NSCoding archives (but then again we have the same issue with apple-apple-apple)

With some feedback from others, I came up with this potential approach...

configure option: --enable-multi-openstep
- must be 'yes' on OS X and defaults to 'no' everywhere else

when set to 'yes' (or symlinks are not available) produces:
Headers/GNUstepBase/GS*.h
Headers/GNUstepFoundation/Foundation/NS*.h
Headers/GNUstepGUI/GS*.h
Headers/GNUstepAppKit/AppKit/NS*.h

Why both GNUstepFoundation and GNUstepAppKit? Can't they both go under Headers/GNUstep (or Headers/gnustep as it is now)?

uses extra -Ixxx/GNUstepFoundation -Ixxx/GNUstepAppKit