Could not find openssl libraries

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Could not find openssl libraries
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 18:34:52 +0200

Hi all,

I am just configuring and building GNUstep on a new machine. This time I want to do it as completely as possible. While configuring base I got

checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
configure: WARNING: SSL bundle will not be built: Could not find openssl libraries
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating config.mak
config.status: creating config.h

bash-2.03# find /usr -name ssl.h
/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/ssl.h

Obviously openssl is installed. How do I pass the openssl include path to configure. I tried

./configure --with-DIRS_LIBINC=/usr/local/ssl/include --with-DIR_GZLIB=/usr/local/ssl/lib

from examples I found, but this generates the same message.

Regards,

   Andreas