Re: GNUstep and Multihead

From: Raffael Herzog
Subject: Re: GNUstep and Multihead
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:40:40 +0200

Sorry, the message I'm referring to, seems to have disappeared, so I'm replying to myself now. :)

I pointed out that GNUstep has no support for multihead displays, and someone answered that it would be difficult to fix because noone of the developers is using multihead.

1. For NVidia users there's an easy way to simulate multihead using TwinView. Just set the meta-mode to "<mode>, NULL;", NVidia will then create a oversized desktop (with scrolling) and provide multihead information (I'm using this feature to be able to use my multihead setup with my laptop even if there's no second monitor available).

2. As I'm a GNUstep and ObjC beginner, I'm not sure whether I can help fixing it, but I can certainly do some testing.

cu,
  Raffi

--
 The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is
                no difference, but in practice, there is.

Raffael Herzog - herzog@raffael.ch - http://www.raffael.ch - ICQ #67961355