Makefile packages do not work oon OSX due to use of -traditional-cpp

From: Pete French
Subject: Makefile packages do not work oon OSX due to use of -traditional-cpp
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:28:56 +0100

The subject says it all really... doing a build I get:

bash-2.05a$ make messages="yes"
Making all for app Rattatosk...
gcc Rattatosk_main.m -c \
      -MMD -MP -DNeXT_Foundation_LIBRARY=1 -DNeXT_GUI_LIBRARY=1
-DNeXT_RUNTIME=1 -framework Foundation -framework AppKit -traditional-cpp
-dynamic -fno-common -DGSWARN -DGSDIAGNOSE -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing
-fnext-runtime -framework Renaissance -I. \
       -o shared_obj/Rattatosk_main.o
gcc: GNU Objective C no longer supports traditional compilation
make[1]: *** [shared_obj/Rattatosk_main.o] Error 1
make: *** [Rattatosk.all.app.variables] Error 2

This is with todays CVS. The machine is running 10.2.6 (which is
the Panther pre-release isnt it ?) so it might have a newev version of the
compilers on it too...

How did the 'traditional' get in there and how can it be taken out ?

-bat.