Re: [RFC] NSMessagePort and the NSPort hierarchy

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [RFC] NSMessagePort and the NSPort hierarchy
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:50:41 +0100

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 01:16 AM, Alexander Malmberg wrote:

Pragmatically then, the first priorities I see are -

1. Alter it so that it will compile under windows!  and raise an
informative  if any non-working code is called.

/me adds a big '#ifdef __MINGW__'...

I modified the makefile to refrain from building the message classes
under windows ... seemed a bit cleaner than ifdefs in the source.

2. Alter the patch so that NSMessagePort and NSMessagePortNameServer
are not used unless explicitly asked for.

Once those changes are in place, it could go into cvs.

I've done that now ...I *think* the current cvs should be safe, in that it should
build on all systems and not break any existing code.