Re: [Renaissance]platform objects' awakening

From: Dirk Lattermann
Subject: Re: [Renaissance]platform objects' awakening
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:08:47 +0200

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 04:57:06PM +0200, David Ayers wrote:
> How about adding a category to EODisplayGroup in the library to be that
> implements
> @implementation EODisplayGroup (Renaissance)
> - (void)awakeFromGSMarkup
> {
>  [self awakeFromNib];
> }
> @end

I thought of this, but I'm not fluent enough with categories, so I
didn't dare to consider it... :|

Done it, and it works fine!

> I don't know what the side
> effects of allways falling back to awakeFromNib within GSMarkupAwaker
> may be, but it feels dangerous.

Yes, maybe...

> Thanks for your effort!

Why, it's a lot of fun! :-)

> I hope to have that EOEditingContext patch
> ready soon, to fix that bug, but it's quite intricate and I need to fill
> a lot of holes.

Ouch, yes, it seemed like a can of worms... thanks!  It seems queer
that this is done through the undo mechanism, is there no simpler
solution or is the risk of becoming incompatible somewhere too high?

Cheers, Dirk