Re: Proposal: ObjectiveC parser framework

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Proposal: ObjectiveC parser framework
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:37:16 +0100

On 2003-07-23 17:31:56 +0000 Stefan Urbanek <urbanek@host.sk> wrote:

Hi,

First, excuse me for a little flood today.

What do you think about extracting objective-c parsing code from autogsdoc into
a separate framework?

    From http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FrameworkWishList:

ObjectiveCParser.framework

Framework that parses Objective-C source and generates object tree (class
interfaces, implementations, categories, methods, instance variables, method
descriptions, class descriptions, list of required headers,...). It can be
lossy parser, that means a code generated from parsed sources does not have to
be the same. This framework can be reused, besides other apps, by:

(snip)
This is a nice example of reusable code. What do you think?

Well it's a good idea ;-)
I thought that an objective-c parser could go in DevelopmentKit , but it could
be a separate framework ... What's needed is the availability to 1) parse an
objective-c code with such
a parser framework, and then (after possible manipulation of the program tree),
regenerate code with DevelopmentKit.

--
Nicolas Roard