Re: Possible MacOS X compier problem

From: Martin Häcker
Subject: Re: Possible MacOS X compier problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:57:37 +0200

 > I'm starting to believe that you're a victim of a change in convention from
 the pre OpenStep days.  Back in the early days, methods were supposed to
 always return self, unless they had other meaningful values to return.
 Therefor an unspecified signature in the header:

 -setSomeValue:value;

 impliied

 - (id)setSomeValue:(id)value;

It still does! At least on the OS X version of the compiler. I know that because I write my code like this all the time.

cu Martin
--
dont.wanna.tell
[ot]coder - hehe