Re: One for our asian language experts...

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: One for our asian language experts...
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:23:55 +0100

> The problem lies not in the recent unicode support, but in the
> implementation of gpbs.

Ah, O.K. Now that is a shame. Understandable in some ways I guess. I
have to admit that I used to write code to support european users
first and then retro-fit internationalisation afterwards. A habit which
bit me badly the day someone pointed out that Greece is part of the union
and thus I need to give it equal status to the other languages. Which
lead to a large amount of re-engineering of code!

> I don't think it is prohibitively hard to modify gpbs.  I'll read the
> code again and see what I can do for it.

Thats what I like about you - you dont just say its broken, you actually go
away and try and fix the problem :-) It would be great if you could come
up with something. I would certainly apperciate it!

cheers,

-bat.