Re: Multi-lingual cut & paste support

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Multi-lingual cut & paste support
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 09:14:42 -0400

From: Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de>
To: Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@hotmail.com>
CC: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Multi-lingual cut & paste support (was Re: One for our asianlanguage experts...)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 02:20:34 +0200

Rather the method [NSMutableAttributedString fixFontAttributeInRange:] should be implemented in an efficent way. What would than still be missing is a similar corection for the NSAttributedStrings created by the application, but I think our current string drawing code converts them into a NSTextStorage anyway, so the same implementation would apply. I don't see much reason to implement the font correction in back, when it is needed for gui anyway.

 But I think that -fixFontAttributeInRange can't be implemented
 because gui don't know which glyph is in which font.
 This information is in back, and depends on font engine.
 So this task will still be send into back to handle.
 Then why not just set the -preferredFontNames in gui
 and let back use it when it can' find the glyph in default font ?

 Yen-Ju

Cheers
Fred