ANN: GNUMail and Pantomime 1.1.0 are released

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANN: GNUMail and Pantomime 1.1.0 are released
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:22:23 -0400

Hi,

After months of development, I'm glad to announce the final release of GNUMail.app and Pantomime 1.1.0.

GNUMail.app is a fully featured mail application running on both GNUstep and Mac OS X 10.2. Pantomime is a complete and free mail framework.

Here is a small list of what has changed since the 1.1.0pre2 release of GNUMail.app:

o New menu layout
o New Advanced Preferences panel
o Improved PGP support
o Improved scripting support
o Lots of UI improvements (especially on OS X)
o Lots of other features, bug fixes, refactorings and speed improvements.

You can download GNUMail.app 1.1.0 from:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail

You can also download a binary version of the PGP bundle. See the FAQ for more details.

Here is a small list of what has changed since the 1.1.0pre2 release of Pantomime:

o Completely rewrote the IMAP code (way faster and stable)
o Fixed the format=flowed issues
o Improved Solaris support
o Improved the SMTP code
o Fixed bugs, done refactorings and speed improvements.

You can download Pantomime 1.1.0 from:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime

To compile Pantomime on GNUstep, you'll either need the CVS version of GNUstep (ie., since the header reorganization) or the last unstable release (1.7.2/0.8.8) and modify one #include
in Pantomime.

Note that I now plan to make small releases more often. For example, 1.1.1 should be released in a month and 1.1.2 should be released in two months (and so on...).

I would like to thank all the people who helped me getting this release done, especially Matt Ackeret, Christopher Culver, Arnt Gulbrandsen, Andreas Heppel, Ian Jones, Francis Lachapelle, Ben Lutgens, Dirk Olmes, MJ Ray, Nicolas Roard, Ujwal S. Sathyam, Stefan Urbanek and Fabien Vallon.

Contributions, feedback, comments are always welcomed!

Thanks a lot,
                Ludovic
--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.