more hints needed

From: Peter Hallinan
Subject: more hints needed
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:24:17 -0700

Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier questions.
Sorry I have so many of them, I'm pretty new to redhat/gnustep/etc

So I now have the GNUstep core packages built and installed under redhat 9.

My goal to compile and test an audio signal processing project developed under MacOS X that is quite large (~ 10 frameworks). It has both a command line tool and a graphical app, but for now I can get by with just the command line tool. Before I build a complete GNUstep developer's environment, I'd like to see how well it compiles. (If the port is a major deal, I'll delay until I have more time, but the committment still stands :)

My questions:
1) will ProjectCenter accept ProjectBuilder's pbxproj files, or do I have to go through some conversion process?

2) what's the best way to compile ProjectCenter? The instructions in the included INSTALL file differ from those on GNUstep build guide,
and neither seem to work, eg
[root@AlpaMayo ProjectCenter]# make GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR=/usr/GNUstep/System install
GNUmakefile:28: /common.make: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:48: /aggregate.make: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/aggregate.make'.  Stop.

3) has anyone successfully compiled the sound and math kits (from sourceforge) before? these will be my initial test cases

4) I read somewhere that frameworks don't port so well. Is there anything i need to watch out for here?

5) Any other advice?

Thanks,
Peter