Re: GDL2: fetching all objects from a database to a custom class

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: GDL2: fetching all objects from a database to a custom class
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:10:39 +0200

Frédéric PRACA wrote:

Hi everybody,
today I tried to make a sample (and simple) application using GDL2.
The goal of this application is to connect to a database and retrieve data to put it in custom classes. The question will be simple : how do I do that ? I searched in headers files but even if I can find method names, it's impossible to find the sequence to use.
Here's what I've done :
- construct a model from a file
- create a EODatabase from that model
- create an EOQualifier with format
- create an EOFetchSpecification with entity
- retrieve an EOEditingContext from EODatabase
- applied the context the objectsWithFetchSpecifiation and the NSArray is empty ;-( In fact, I just wanted to retrieve all the objects of my custom class from the database. Is there a straight way to do that ? Where can I find code examples and an howto-like ?

Well, I don't have a code example that's in a state to be a "HOW-TO" right now. I've got a little EOTest tool that uses really bad habits but works, that I will send you privately but I wouldn't want to post publicly.

Cheers,
David