Re: building gnustep under redhat 9

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: building gnustep under redhat 9
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:51:43 -0500

On 2003-08-18 21:45:38 -0500 Peter Hallinan <peter_hallinan@post.harvard.edu>
wrote:

[snip]
> Initial problems:
> 1) when trying to run WindowMaker-0.80.2
> [root@AlpaMayo]# wmaker --version
> wmaker: error while loading shared libraries: libwraster.so.2: cannot open
> [root@AlpaMayo]#
> However ld.so.config  includes /usr/local/lib and the libraries are in place,
> i.e.
> /usr/local/lib/libwraster.so.2.2.0
> /usr/local/lib/libwraster.so.2
> /usr/local/lib/libwraster.so
> /usr/local/lib/libwraster.la
> /usr/local/lib/libwraster.a
> So am I supposed to configure or make WindowMaker with an extra flag to
> specify the location of shared files?
> There are no errors in windowmaker configure, make or install messages.

Run "ldd /usr/local/bin/wmaker" and see if libwraster is really the problem; it
could be some other lib.

> 2)  The package openssl-0.9.7a-5 doesn't seem to have any libraries, even
> though it's installed (at least according to rpm -q, plus openssl runs).
> This causes ./configure for gnustep-base to complain
> configure: WARNING: SSL bundle will not be built: Could not find openssl
> libraries

OpenSSL is installed sometimes out of the way, in /usr/local/ssl.  RH puts it
in the usual places but OpenSSL itself goes into his own directory if the
defaults are used.

> 3) when building gnustep-base-1.6.0, make reports lots of success... then

Pass on this one.
--
René Berber