Re: Anybody seen Cairo (formerly Xr)?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Anybody seen Cairo (formerly Xr)?
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:26:52 +0200

Banlu Kemiyatorn wrote:
Jason Clouse wrote:

Saw this on Slashdot. It looks an awful lot like Display PostScript (or Quartz): http://cairographics.org/xr_ols2003/

I guess everything old is new again. :-)

There's already a GTK rendering backend. Maybe somebody who knows what they're doing would be interested in taking a look?

Have been working on backends base on it. One will be a normal backend as art-back and another will
be a part of opengl windowing system-wannabe project I'm designing.

Could you share this backends with us? The Cairo API is really close to what your GNUstep backends have to implement, still it would be a waste of effort if each GNUstep programmer would undergo this task by herself. So lets share the work and when we have a full working Cairo backend report it back the Cairo group to get a bit of publisity for GNUstep.

Fred