Re: Postal address layouts?

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: Postal address layouts?
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:24:00 +0200

Hi,

this application really looks promising! Several issues I noticed:

o when editing a contact I cannot tab between the fields (as in Apple's application). It does not have to be via the tab key, but hopping between fields is really comfortable.

o I cannot create a new contact or edit an existing one via the menu entry, "New" and "Edit" are always disabled here.

o It would be nice to have a generic "comments" section as well.

HTH,

-Phil

Björn Giesler wrote:
Hi,

one more thing... I'm looking for postal address layouts for different
countries for the next release of Contacts.app. The problem is that postal
addresses are different for each country, so I represent them in property lists
looking something like this:

(("$Postfach", POBox),
 (Street),
 (ExtendedAddress),
 (ZipCode, City),
 (State),
 (Country))

Each sub-array is a line as it would appear on a letter. Entries starting with
"$" are interpreted as literal strings, everything else is a key into the data
base. The proplist above contains all the possible keys.

Please, could those who have a couple of free minutes hack something like this
together for their countries? I have German, US and Romanian, and I need
everything else.

Thanks a lot in advance,
                --Björn