Re: [objc-improvements] Merging back to mainline

From: Dirk Theisen
Subject: Re: [objc-improvements] Merging back to mainline
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:33:51 +0000

Hi!

What are the changes you want to merge to mainline? If, as it seems,
these include language extensions, how do these work from a user point
of view, and what is the rationale for adding them?

I never worked with the compiler code, but Apple told us at this years WWDC that we are getting a nicer syntax for exception handling in ObjC (no changes to the runtime behaviour, though).

This is the only extension I know of. It may even be in 3.3 already (?)

Greetings,
   Dirk