Re: ANN: back-art resources 0.1.1

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: ANN: back-art resources 0.1.1
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:28:12 +0200

Adam Fedor wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 09:51 AM, Alexander Malmberg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've put together a simple back-art resource package. It contains the
> > Free Fonts, the Vera fonts, mknfonts, and a Makefile that's supposed to
> > make it easy to install them.
> >
> > http://w1.423.telia.com/~u42308495/alex/backart/ArtResources-
> > 0.1.1.tar.bz2
> > (1.4mb)
>
> What's the status of this?

I've patched and cleaned up a few things. It seems to work ok now. I've
implemented the font fallback in -gui, so the installation could be
simplified a bit.

> It would be nice to have this in CVS.  We could put it in core (it
> would still be distributed separately) or perhaps better to put it in
> dev-libs?

Well, it is rather big, so it might be better to keep it out of core. I
don't have any really good ideas about it, but I think dev-libs would be
ok.

- Alexander Malmberg