Re: PATCH: Merge objc-improvements-branch to mainline

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: PATCH: Merge objc-improvements-branch to mainline
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:10:33 +0200

Ziemowit Laski wrote:
> On Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003, at 12:09 US/Pacific, Ziemowit Laski wrote:
[snip]
> >> (Additionally, the documentation for @synchronize is very vague.)
> >
> > I'm certainly open to suggestions as to how to improve this.
>
> Well, it occurred to me that one obvious way of improving things is to
> describe
> _what_ @synchronized acutally does :-) :-), and so I added a paragraph.
>
> So, here is the improved documentation:
[snip]

This is better, but it still doesn't say how the 'guard' object is used.
Is the guard object supposed to respond to any particular messages (if
so, which messages, and what happens if one of them causes an exception
to be raised?), or can the runtime lock on arbitrary objects (if so,
what is the behavior wrt recursive locking)?

- Alexander Malmberg