ANN: GNUMail.app / Pantomime v1.1.1

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANN: GNUMail.app / Pantomime v1.1.1
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:48:44 -0400

Hi,

After some weeks of development, I'm glad to announce the 1.1.1 release of GNUMail.app and Pantomime.

GNUMail.app is a fully featured mail application running on both GNUstep and Mac OS X 10.2. Pantomime is a complete and free mail framework.

Here is a small list of what has changed since the 1.1.0 release of GNUMail.app:

o Brand new "Send" Account Editor Window tab
o Brand new auto-completing text field (when typing E-Mail addresses during E-Mail composition)
o List-Post support when replying to E-Mails
o PGP bundle improvements (passphrase expiration and UI updates)
o NSDrawer support on OS X for the list of mailboxes
o "Show all mailboxes / Subscribed only" feature in the "Receive options" tab of the Account Editor Window (for IMAP) o Brand new "Emoticon" bundle. It serves as a good example of bundles development for GNUMail.app o Lots of other features, bug fixes, refactorings and speed improvements.

You can download GNUMail.app 1.1.1 from:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail

You can download a binary version of the PGP bundle for OS X. See the FAQ on the web site for more information. You can also look at the following screenshots showing some of the new features in 1.1.1:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail.data/screenshots/v1.1.1/gnumail-gs.png
http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail.data/screenshots/v1.1.1/gnumail-osx.png

Here is a small list of what has changed since the 1.1.0 release of Pantomime:

o Read-only support for IMAP mailboxes
o Base subject support
o Other very minor fixes (IMAP, headers, message decoding, etc)

You can download Pantomime 1.1.1 from:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime

To use GNUMail.app and Pantomime on GNUstep, you'll either need the CVS version of GNUstep or the next stable release of gui/back (0.9.0).

Also note that if you had installed the PGP bundle and the Face bundles, you must reinstall them to use this release with those bundles.

I would like to thank all the people who helped me getting this release done, especially Matt Ackeret, Ken Ferry, Francis Lachapelle, Ben Lutgens, MJ Ray, Nicolas Roard, Ujwal S. Sathyam and Stefan Urbanek.

Contributions, feedback, comments are always welcomed!

Thanks a lot,
                Ludovic
--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.