Re: question about Uncaught NSException and else

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: question about Uncaught NSException and else
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:58:31 +0200

Derek Zhou wrote:
Also, I'd like to hear some advises on tracking down memory leakage.

Sorry that I can only help you on the memory issue. The first thing you could do is just start your application and open the info (About) panel and click on the icon in the top left hand corner. This will open up the Memory Panel, showing object allocations and your can update this to diplay the currently allocated objects. You should start it for the first time rather early, to get better results.

This will only help you to see which objects don't get freed by your application, if you also want to track where they get allocated, or you have problems with standard C allocation, I would recommend that you use valgrind. I did use this some time ago and found it quite easy and very helpfull.

Hope this helps

Fred