The Poll begins! (Was: Are we too serious these days?)

From: Pascal J . Bourguignon
Subject: The Poll begins! (Was: Are we too serious these days?)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:30:04 +0100

Banlu Kemiyatorn writes:

> >I also wonder why people chose a Tapir ... it is definitely a unique
> >animal of course, but man it is ugly - do you REALLY want such an
> >ugly animal represent GNUstep?
> >

> I think it's really really cute! May be I just have a different taste
> but then :(...
>
> But I like orca too! Thinking of Orca eating a monkey!
>
> Anyway, I pick Panda because I think it's easier to make an artwork and
> people always address its specie.
>
> Now let the poll begin! (^o^)/
>
> http://www.project-ile.net/mascot.html
>
> Do not vote twice or more, because that will load the server too much.

Hits on google for: $animal software download

dopefish           433
capybara           521
codfish            735
tapir              808
tasmanian devil   2160
dalmatian         3290
GNUSTEP           7410 *
komodo            7660
anaconda         10800
orca             13500
magpie           19600
chameleon        30700
zebra            44200
panda            55100

Everything's a panda.  Nobody knows (or writes at least) about a dopefish.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/