Re: Are we too serious these days? Let's go electing an official mascot.

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Are we too serious these days? Let's go electing an official mascot.
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:47:57 -0800 (PST)

I like the Orca because:

1) It's black and white (obviously).
2) It's beautiful.
3) It's a top predator which, in my mind, makes it a symbol of strength.
4) I've always had a weakness for sea creatures.

GJC

--- Tom Hageman <trh@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 20:10:24 +0100, Larry Cow wrote:
> >
> > One problem with the Panda is that it's already the Mascot of the WWF.
>
> More problems:
>
> - it's an endangered species.
>
> - it does nothing but eat bamboo, or sleep.
>
> - it does not want to have sex to save its life.
>
> Is that the image we want to associate with GNUstep? :-)
>
> --
> __/__/__/__/  Tom Hageman  <trh@xs4all.nl> (home)  [NeXTmail/Mime OK]
>   __/ __/_/         <t.hageman@proteon.nl> (work)  [Mime OK]
>  __/__/__/
> __/  _/_/                                              [ObjC retain];
> objc: FREED(id): message retain sent to freed object=0xdeadcafe

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---