Installing GNUstep: Help an OS X user?

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Installing GNUstep: Help an OS X user?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:34:57 +0100

Hi,

 I'm a seasoned MacOS X user and programmer (C/C++, ObjC, Carbon,
Cocoa...). I have Apple's X11 installed, their dev tools, and I can find
my way around the command line, though I'm really used to GUIs. My
problem?

 I'd like to install GNUstep on my Mac.

 All those libraries on GNUstep.org, mention of recompiling GCC and
switching to the GNU ObjC library here on gnu.gnustep.discuss ... I have
no idea what to do and how to start. And I'm a little afraid that doing
these things would replace stuff needed by Apple's Dev Tools, which I'd
like to keep running.

 Is there a tutorial on doing this properly somewhere? has anybody else
done this and would be willing to walk me through this (via E-Mail, ICQ,
AIM or whatever...) ?

 Any pointers, help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer
http://www.zathras.de