Re: ANN: GSMBrowser: beta feature.

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: ANN: GSMBrowser: beta feature.
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:32:39 -0800 (PST)

Marko,
> this is to announce a beta feature that was requested by Steve Jordal,
> namely broadcast on the LAN to collect available domains. It is no
> longer necessary to enter a domain. The leftmost column of the browser
> displays the available domains. The method is the same as in the
> script 'findsmb.'
Very cool. It would be wonderful to have this somehow interact with or
work via Workspace.app (I refuse to call it by its proper name)

> I encourage you to try this and mail me about possible problems.
I will when I get home
> Feedback is welcome!
I'm sorry to revisit this issue, but I think this name is a poor one. I
see it and think "GSM Browser" not "GNUstep SMB Browser" If this were
named "SMBBrowser" this wouldn't be an issue. I also have issues with
SMBrowser for obvious reasons, but it's still better than "GSM Browser"
;-)

What do you think?

Cheers,
Alex Perez