Need help building Gorm on Windows

From: Chuanhao Chiu
Subject: Need help building Gorm on Windows
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 20:58:33 +0800

I set up gnustep with the windows installer, updated it with base 1.9.0, gui
0.9.0, back 0.9.1.  So far so good.  But now I'm stucked trying to build
gorm.  It compiles ok, but complains about undefined references to
__objc_exec_class, __objc_class_name_NSConstantString, etc when linking.
Here's what it looks like:

$ make install
Making all in GormLib...
make[1]: Entering directory `/D/GNustep/development/source/gorm/GormLib'
Making all for library libGorm...
 Compiling file IBApplicationAdditions.m ...
 Compiling file IBConnectors.m ...
 Compiling file IBDocuments.m ...
 Compiling file IBEditors.m ...
 Compiling file IBInspector.m ...
 Compiling file IBObjectAdditions.m ...
 Compiling file IBPalette.m ...
 Linking library libGorm ...
shared_obj/IBApplicationAdditions.o(.text+0xc):IBApplicationAdditions.m:
undefined reference to `__objc_exec_class'
shared_obj/IBApplicationAdditions.o(.data+0x5c):IBApplicationAdditions.m:
undefined reference to `__objc_class_name_NSConstantString'

Note that to get this far, I had to take out the line in
GormLib/GNUmakefile.postamble that creates a symlink "InterfaceBuilder"
because it triggered an error about pathname being too long.

The dlls are in the PATH and do contain those symbols:

$ echo $PATH
/C/GNUstep/Tools:/C/GNUstep/Local/Tools:/C/GNUstep/Network/Tools:/C/GNUstep/
System/Tools:.:/usr/local/bin:/mingw/bin:/bin...

$ ls /C/GNUstep/System/Tools
Java           debugapp      gnustep-base.dll  iconv.dll          objc.dll
pldes.exe    set_show_service.exe
Resources      defaults.exe  gnustep-gui.dll   libtiff.dll        openapp
plmerge.exe  sfparse.exe
autogsdoc.exe  gdnc.exe      gopen.exe         make_services.exe  opentool
plparse.exe  xmlparse.exe
cvtenc.exe     gdomap.exe    gpbs.exe          make_strings.exe
pl2link.exe  plser.exe

$ grep __objc_exec_class /C/GNUstep/System/Tools/* 2>/dev/null
Binary file /C/GNUstep/System/Tools/gnustep-base.dll matches

Same thing with project center, etc.  What am I missing?  Any help is
appreciated.