Re: GNUstep IM app

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GNUstep IM app
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:44:37 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Calvin Mitchell wrote:

> Another marvelous idea...
Yes, agreed
> GAIM currently holds the title (in my book) for
> functionality (MSN,Yahoo,AIM,ICQ, all working).
Yep, its great.

> to get that under GNUstep would qualify as a KILLER
> APP...
Agreed. It's closer than you think.
> (humble pitch) sure would be nice to be able to use my
> webcam with instant messaging under GNUstep!
I'm currently working with the Adium folks in an effort to get Adium 2.0
(which already uses GAIM, and is written completely in Objective-C) ported
to GNUstep. There are only a few carbon calls (about three) left, and
we're working on those.

Stay tuned...if anyone wants to help, let me know. The Adium team is quite
receptive of the idea of porting Adium to GNUstep.

Any questions?

Alex Perez