Re: The Evil Flash Villain

From: Calvin Mitchell
Subject: Re: The Evil Flash Villain
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 14:39:06 -0800 (PST)

To Chris:

I appreciate your feedback regarding Macromedia
Flash...

So tell me: is there anything on the *nix platform
that does what Flash does...that you would use and
support?
------------------------------

Message: 11
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 23:26:30 +0200
From: Christopher Culver
<crculver@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: Macromedia Flash Web Template: Openstep
Interface
To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org

On 2003-12-06 23:16:51 +0200 Calvin Mitchell
<calvin674@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> I'm looking to create a flash version of my current
> web site(s)...

Flash is evil, don't use it. Ever, unless you're a
high-schooler who
wants to
make cutesy animations.

> ...that will emulate the NeXT/Openstep/GNUstep user
> interface (i'm an aivd GNUstep/Linux user)...

If you ask cbv nicely, he might let you have some of
the gui files from
www.gnustep.us.

> I've managed to install Dreamweaver MX under WINE
and
> intend to install Flash MX/Swish as well.

It's all trash. Stick to regular HTML.

Christopher Culver (I hate Flash)

=====
Calvin L. Mitchell
The Citadel
http://www.geocities.com/calvin674
calvin674@yahoo.com
Yahoo! Messenger, AIM, ICQ, Odigo, IDs: Quasaur, StaahrHamre, calvin674