Re: Pre-multiplied alpha

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Pre-multiplied alpha
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 12:17:09 +0000

> - the libart backand has really few fonts and some of them aren't of that
> big quality, at least compared to the adobe and agfa fonts I have on
> commercial operating systems...

Whats to stop you using those fonts in libart ? Granted the free fonts arent
stunning, but if you happen to own others then theres nothing to stop you
using them. I have grabbed quite a few fonts from various.

> maybe things changed for libart? speed improved?

I never saw a difference - the major win in art (for me) is that it actually
works properly when doing drawing (scaled and rotated text for example). I
cant think of anything which works in xlib but is broken in art. Admittedly I
havent tried exporting displays to other X servers though.

-bat.