Memory leak in loadNibNamed (gorm loading)

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Memory leak in loadNibNamed (gorm loading)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:49:29 -0800 (PST)

All,

Alex M. and I recently discovered an extra retain in the code in the loading of
gorm files which caused the container (GSNibContainer) to be leaked.  The only
thing about the bug which concerned me is that I noted that some applications
are releasing their outlets, which is not necessary.  This might cause them to
crash.

Please make certain that your applications don't depend on the assumption that
outlets are retained, as this is false, and are only releasing the top level
objects (windows, menu, controller), as only these are retained for you.

I have fixed this on my machine and I will distribute a patch to the ftp site
soon, possibly tomorrow, after I complete testing.   This fix will be going
into CVS once savannah somes back up.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
-- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---