Re: Building in separate directory

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Building in separate directory
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:48:39 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi all,
>
> I remember to have seen a note that GNUstep make in the meanwhile
> supports building in a separate directory. But I can't find the
> necessary info anymore. Which version of GNUstep make is required for
> this and what has to be added to the makefile to get this behaviour.

get the latest gnustep-make you can find, and try

make GNUSTEP_BUILD_DIR=<directory where you want the object files>

it should work at least with libraries, tools, applications, bundles.
might misbehave a little with frameworks.  might not work with
gnustep-base and similar.  if you have any problems let me know as I'm
willing to fix stuff.  if only GNUstep CVS was up again ...  :-)