Re: How to see gcc invocations while building

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: How to see gcc invocations while building
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:47:43 +0100

Andreas Hoeschler wrote:
Hi all,

I don't know if this is gnumake or GNUstep make package related, but how do I cause the make system to output the gcc invocations while building? I am getting the following error

bash-2.03$ make
Making build-headers for framework MyTestFrame...
Making all for framework MyTestFrame...
 Compiling file TestController.m ...
gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
make[1]: *** [/Build/MyTestFrame/shared_obj/TestController.o] Error 1
make: *** [MyTestFrame.all.framework.variables] Error 2

and would liek to see, what is passed to gcc. This looks like a bug in GNUstep make. I would be happy if it were my makefile (appended). If so please let me know.

Here GNUstep make has switched off the display by default. Just start make with the parameter messages=yes to see all the messages.