Re: XML idea

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: XML idea
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:23:38 -0800 (PST)

> > That would be best.  My fear was that someday, somebody's going to
> > build GNUstep on their machine and expect Cocoa apps to just build
> > (quite reasonably, given the way this thing's been promoted).  And
> > then somebody on this list is going to say, in a condescending tone,
> > "You have to go download X and install it.  Don't you know anything?"

> I think it would be better to have some kind of installation app which
> could do this - it would make things a lot simpler. Basically it would
> be simple enough to start with whatever the user had currently
> installed and be able to pull in all the other libraries, frameworks,
> apps, etc that could be useful.

Are you saying that you'd be against a --with-PortabilityKit flag in core/
that would automagically download and compile, and install PK as a
framework? (if need be I have absolutely no problem with a disclaimer
wherein it would be stated that PortabilityKit was not an official part of
GNUstep, with a Yes/No are you sure confirmation, although I'd prefer that
not to be there)