FW: NSToolbar

From: Mondragon, Ian
Subject: FW: NSToolbar
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:06:16 -0600

while i realize that it was an argument provided, and that this was simply a
reiteration of what has been said here, can we please drop the "cuz it comes
from apple" argument?  and whoever truly thinks along these lines should
wake up and realize that the only reason that objective-c is enjoying the
massive revival that it is, is because of APPLE.  when i first started
writing interfacewm, there were only around 30 projects on sourceforge
written in objective-c...now there are currently 454.  many people that now
consider themselves "expert" objective-c programmers never even heard of the
language before OS X hit the shelves...and the same holds true for the
GNUstep project itself; in fact, there are *still* people in the OS X
community that have never heard of GNUstep.

so please - just drop the "evil-apple" garbage...we've already got plenty of
large corporations to dislike just for the sake of having a stance.

- ian