Fwd: Announcing Wocoa Q1 2004 in Hamburg (Germany) on Feb. 14th

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Fwd: Announcing Wocoa Q1 2004 in Hamburg (Germany) on Feb. 14th
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:37:01 +0100

I think some off you might be interested in our laid back Cocoa and WebObjects developer meeting. You are invited to join us.

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

Von: Tomi Engel <tomi@objectfarm.org>
Datum: Fr, 16. Jan 2004  10:01:10 Europe/Berlin
An: people@wocoa.org

Announcing the 8th Wocoa Pow Wow

The drummers of the Wocoas, a european tribe of WebObjects and Cocoa developers, are beating their drums again. Apple is getting serious about servers and big bad clusters and the Macintosh is about to celebrate its 20th anniversary ... guess what ... its time to dance!

As usual this event will try to be as unorganized as ever. Please do _NOT_ expect a regular and boring trade show or conference but bring your drums and PowerBooks instead. This is a coming together and a sharing of knowledge and wisdom.

+++ Location

This time our host will be PowerMedia and so we are gathering in the eastern part of Europe:

        Hamburg (Germany)
        Sat, Feb 14th, 2004

Full details about the location will be mailed to all those who registered.

+++ Planned Dances

So far we have the following topics on our list

Ulrich Koester
- Developing WO-Applications with Eclipse and WOLips. (Demo)

Tomi Engel, ObjectFarm
- Debugging WebObjects 5 with Eclipse and Jad. (Demo)

Anjo Krank, LogicUnited
- DAVObjects ... turn your WO-App into a WebDAV server. (Demo)

David Teran, cluster9
- An "invisible" D2W application generating pure XML, which can be layouted via XSL (Demo)

Wocoa drummers
- Tipps about what you might want to do during this weekend.

Perhaps we can add some Xgrid and Xserve sound too. Those who register will receive infos about all planned dances.

+++ Registration

If you intend to join us, please send a message with your name and preferred email-address to

        smokesignal@wocoa.org

as soon as you can. Both are necessary for your name badge.

- If you want the name of your tribe our company to appear on your name badge ... please tell us what it should be.

- If you have a cool application that you would like to demo to other people, or have an interesting topic that you would like to share with other dancers ... just let us know. We will publish these topics on our webpages and the peoples mailinglist, so that others will know who to talk to.

We do not charge any fee for attending this Pow Wow but you will have to cover your own expenses.

You must register because we need to know how many Wocoa dancers will stomp our tipi. Otherwise we cannot guarantee to find a place big enough for all of us.

+++ Warning

PLEASE NOTE ... while we should have a beamer and internet connection in place, please be aware that "sharing an interesting topic" should not be read as "giving a full blown hyper complicated sales presentation of your product and having the right to be depressed if nobody cares to listen". Our Pow Wows are organized chaos ... you have been warned!

This time we will limit the presentation time to 15 - 20 minutes each, so that there will be enough time for getting into private conversation without missing any "demo dances".

+++ Further Information

Like during previous events we are again looking forward to welcome 50 - 100 highly motivated and creative Wocoa dancers.

The general information on our tribe is on the Wocoa website. And there you will soon find more information about cheap places to find some rest (hotels, sleeping bag places etc.)

        http://www.wocoa.org

+++ Sponsors

This event will be organized and sponsored as a joined effort by cluster9, Sen:te and the ObjectFarm people. If you want to contribute to the event or have any questions ... feel free to contact us at:

         drummers@wocoa.org

+++ Beat the drums

We hope that you send the necessary smoke signals to your friends and that you tell them about the Wocoa Pow Wow. The more dancers come ... the better and louder our Pow Wow will be.

Share and Enjoy.

The Wocoa-Drummers