Re: [objc-improvements-branch] About to start ObjC++

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: [objc-improvements-branch] About to start ObjC++
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:55:35 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Ziemowit Laski wrote:
> If you don't like ObjC++, you certainly don't have to use it! :-)  I
> honestly don't know what your issue is here...

I actually don't mind the idea of ObjC, although I will probably only use
it minimistically..what I take issue with, specifically, is the fact that
you have carte blanche control over anything objc related in GCC, and you
act like a lord, dictating what will happen and when, instead of working
with people. I understand that this is a viable model (and often quite
necessary) in many corporations, but it is not how the FSF generally does
business, and I ask that you kindly recognize that and act in cooperation
with others, instead of just dictatinig, which is what you're doing now.
Just to clear up misconceptions, I have absolutely no problem with you
personally nor with the idea of ObjC++. The last time you comitted a bunch
of stuff, you broke the GNU ObjC runtime in your branch because you were
(IMHO) careless, and I do not wish to see a repeat performance of that.

Cheers,
Alex Perez