The quality of our discussion

From: Vaisburd, Haim
Subject: The quality of our discussion
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:01:04 -0800

Hello everybody,

I'm a little bit concerned about the tone and style
of some messages that appeared lately on this list.

For instance, I think saying something like
"are you completely blind to the discussions about
greater openness" or "You're being dictatorial as ever"
in responce to a "friendly heads-up" is plain rude,
leaving alone that it imho sounds quite unprofessional.

Also, I personally consider the phrases "I do/do not wish to see
something to happen" to be a very bad style, for it hints
for an irritated (and bad) boss, and we do not have such one.

When I first joined this list (mainly in the listening mode)
I've been greatly surprised by the professional and
courtageous manner of the people here and by its very low noise.
Let's get back on track.

Sincerely,
Tima Vaisburd.