Re: App Naming Nazi (was: Re: Gstreamer)

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: App Naming Nazi (was: Re: Gstreamer)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:06:25 -0800 (PST)

Rene,

So long as "G" does not stand for "GNUstep" or "GNU", it's okay. :)

Names with GS or G where it stands for GNUstep are considered a little silly.

GJC

--- René_Berber <rberber@legosoft.com.mx> wrote:
> On 2004-01-20 14:37:11 -0600 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
>
> >> - GPlayer.app: What MoviePlayer.app was before.
> >
> > I loved everything you said to this point in your email, so don't let this
> > negative comment overshadow the fact that I think the project is great, but
> > do not think we need any more ridiculous GWhatever names. Why append G? Why
>
> > is that necessary? *MANY* here consider that extremely bad style, and I am
> in
> > that group. Does the G buy you anything? Does it tell you what the app
> does?
> > Then why put it there in the first place? Why presume nonportability?
>
> What about G for Gsteamer?
>
> Stop the dumb remarks.
> --
> René Berber
> GnuPG ID : 0x5E2D25FE

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
-- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---