Re: Some action methods freeze X input

From: Stephen Perry
Subject: Re: Some action methods freeze X input
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:44:24 +0000

On 2004-02-22 06:37:17 +0000 Brent Fulgham <bfulgham@debian.org> wrote:

On 2004-02-21 20:21:42 -0800 Rogelio M. Serrano Jr. <rogelio@smsglobal.net> wrote:

Stefan Urbanek wrote:
| Button in GNUstep apps remains pushed down and all X events to *any* | application are frozen. Only thing I can do is to move mouse around.
| I can not even click on other app windows, neither move windows
| around. It seems to me that -gui is locking all events while
| performing an action method.

Yes im experiencing that too. When GNUMail starts downloading my new
emails everything freezes. It looks that way but wmClock still works.
Its only now i realize that its all the inputs are frozen.

Ironically, Rogelio's e-mail triggered it on my machine, due to GNUmail's attempt to validate his signature via GPG. While this was taking place, the system froze for me.

I have seen this behavior several times over the last week or so.

I see this behaviour quite frequently with GNUmail with both CVS and the last releases of the GNUstep libraries. It's most noticable for me when using finding messages in a large IMAP mailbox or when copying messages to or from IMAP mailboxes. Recent versions of GNUMail have much improved IMAP support and so this problem may be less noticable. I guess it's still there though...

steve.

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the
intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply
email @globespanvirata.com, and delete the message. Thank you."