Call for help on keyed decoding

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Call for help on keyed decoding
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:54:42 +0200

The code for keyed unarchiving in GNUstep is still missing one important bit,the decoding of the flag values for some classes and this gap can only be filled up with the help of people using Mac development tools, as these flags are undocumented. The involved task is rather simple: Create an object of a specific type in the InterfaceBuilder and store a keyed archive in XML format. Next you would change the properites of the object store again and see which field(s) of the flag did change.

The most important classes for this are:

NSView
NSCell
NSButtonCell

There are more classes, that need the same information, e.g.

NSBrowser
NSClipView
NSProgressIndicator
NSScrollView
NSTableView

A bit different are:
NSFont
NSCursor

If somebody takes up one of these classes she/he may report the findings back to me and I will add the corresponding code to GNUstep gui.

Cheers
Fred