gworkspace and .desktop files

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: gworkspace and .desktop files
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 18:41:46 +0200

Are there any plans for gworkspace, and perhaps other GNUstep apps, to support .desktop files in /usr/share/applications? I would like to be able to open, say, .abw files with Abiword from gworkspace without having to add an app wrapper to the /usr/GNUstep tree. Of course, GNUStep apps should generate app wrappers, but gworkspace should recognise the abundant non-GS apps on a system through their .desktop files.

I would be willing to do the work for this myself, as .desktop files seem easy to parse, but I just wanted to know if work is already underway.

Christopher Culver