Re: CRTS_IFLOW on Linux, Solaris,...

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: CRTS_IFLOW on Linux, Solaris,...
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:35:16 -0600

On May 13, 2004, at 9:31 AM, Andreas Hoeschler wrote:
I am trying to compile an Objective-C class FBSerialPort on Mac, SuSE Linux and Solaris. The class references a bunch of related constants that should be defined in <termios.h>. On MacOSX all is well, on Solaris it does not find CDTR_IFLOW, CDTR_IFLOW, CCAR_OFLOW. On Linux it additionally does not find CRTS_IFLOW and CRTS_IFLOW.

What's the best way to get the code to compile on all three platforms. I am using

#ifdef __APPLE__

to distinguish between Apple and GNUstep, but now it seems I also have to distinguish between GNUstep/SuSE, GNUstep/Solaris,... What definitions could be used for this? Is the #include <termios.h> approach wrong for what I want to do?

The best thing to do is write a configure script to check if the constants are defined. Then it will work on any system.