Re: what gui backend

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: what gui backend
Date: 23 May 2004 09:55:06 GMT

Martin Kuball <MartinKuball@web.de> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out what type of backend is best for me. I'm
> using Linux as OS so I guess this restricts my choice to art and
> xlib, right?

Realistically for now: yes. If you are using a local terminal and can
stand a chance of a little freetype/nfont pain, use art. If you are
using a remote terminal or want something that will almost always work
but don't mind a few jaggies, use xlib.

My Opinion Only.

--
MJR/slef, who always seems to have freetype/nfont pain