Re: How exactly do I debug Objective-C with gdb?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: How exactly do I debug Objective-C with gdb?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:14:45 -0600

On May 25, 2004, at 5:28 PM, Michael Baehr wrote:

These symbols are obviously in scope and in the current context.  I
mean, I'm looking at the code in emacs while I'm doing this.  What,
precisely, am I doing wrong here?

Is gdb just broken when it comes to debugging Objective-C?

From the backtrace, it looks like you compiled with optimization (as the trace is all screwed up) and without debugging info. To get useful information you'd would need debugging info, so you would need to compile every library and application (well at least libPantomime and GNUmail since that seems to be where your bug is) with

make debug=yes ...

Also, what version of gdb are you using and on what CPU?