Programmatically converting PNG to TIFF

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Programmatically converting PNG to TIFF
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 21:38:48 +0200

Hi all,

Usually NSImage should be able to read PNG. I found a hint on the net that WindowMaker (libwrster) should be installed before configuring GNUstep to make it PNG aware. I tried that with no success. NSImage ist still not able to read PNG data.

I am now looking for an alternative approach. I have ImageMagick installed. Does anybody now how one can programmatically convert PNG data to TIFF data with ImageMagick so that I can provide NSImage with a TIFFrepresentation? I have the data in the database so a method reading from a file is not suitable.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

   Andreas