Re: World-Wide (ish) NeXT Meetups

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: World-Wide (ish) NeXT Meetups
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 01:42:08 +0200

Le 30 mai 04, à 20:40, Simon Stapleton a écrit :

On 30 May 2004, at 17:59, discuss-gnustep-request@gnu.org wrote:
I will definitely come to Oxford for the event :-)

Another idea, after talking about that event on #gnustep... we are a
few gnustep developers in england, and france isn't that far (well
Paris->Oxford at least) with train, and possibly people in others
countries could want to come...

So, why not organize a "GNUstep Developers Meeting", say from the
saturday to the monday, where we'll be able to discuss and code ?

I for one would be willing to host AlpenStep (Hey, I had to. Sorry.) chez moi in the French Alps. Should have enough room for 8-10 to stay here by October, I can have a wireless 'net set up (although connections to the internet are liable to be a little - well, let's just say - dialup.

If we can arrange for synchronized arrivals, I could even do pickups from Geneva or Annecy.

I'm thinking a 3-4 day heavy duty development frenzy, with wine and cheese.

Well that looks cool and I could come…
But I think it's better for this October event to stick to Oxford because we would have a real audience and rich exchanges (with the university, the english cocoa/unix developers etc.), also a high speed internet connection. Otherwise, this summer during July and August I will be in Annemasse near Annecy and Nicolas Roard should be somewhere in the French Alps also, then may be we can do something like a ultra-small-developer-meeting-… (iirc there are also some steppers in Switzerland).

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr