Re: NSProcessInfo is not initialized when debugging

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: NSProcessInfo is not initialized when debugging
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:00:33 +0100 (BST)

> > > I think to be safe, you should only have debug versions of everything
> > > on non-debug versions of everything installed. Not both. Hopefully this
> > > can be fixed soon, though.
> >
> > How about just eliminating debug libs?
>
> I wouldn't mind this at all. While the whole debug/non-debug app
> structure is neat, I'm not sure what it's actually supposed to
> accomplish (less disk space used by default?). In practice, it's just
> caused me tons of trouble when helping others debug. Locally, I hacked
> -make to add '-g' to all compiles a long time ago, and when helping
> others, I recommend that they do the same.

Another possible recommendation is to add

export debug=yes

in their .bashrc (or whatever shell script they use at start up).

Then, whenever they type 'make', that automatically does a 'make
debug=yes', and they only get the debugging version of everything avoiding
conflicts with non-debugging ones.

I'm not sure about eliminating debug libs.  Of course the simpler the
easier is life for us/gnustep-make/me ... :-) but there might be people
who really like that feature.