Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:02:31 +0300

On 2004-06-05 03:20:25 +0300 Stefan Urbanek <stefan@agentfarms.net> wrote:

On 2004-06-05 01:59:04 +0200 Enrico Sersale <enrico@imago.ro> wrote:
<snip>
On 2004-06-05 00:58:21 +0300 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
<snip>

It is doable with frameworks. I am using following in AgenFarms for an application that uses frameworks:

ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS +=  -lAgentFarms -lFarmingKit

ADDITIONAL_INCLUDE_DIRS += -I../../Frameworks/

ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS += -L../../Frameworks/AgentFarms/AgentFarms.framework/Versions/Current/$(GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR) ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS += -L../../Frameworks/FarmingKit/FarmingKit.framework/Versions/Current/$(GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR)

Thank you. This seems to work.

<snip>

Btw. when I do make distclean in gworkspace I get:

rm: cannot remove `thumbnailer.service/Resources/ImageThumbnailer.thumb/ImageThumbnailer': Permission denied rm: cannot remove `thumbnailer.service/Resources/ImageThumbnailer.thumb/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist': Permission denied
... etc ...

Note that I am making it as ordinary user and installing it as root with intentionaly keeping root-only write permissions for /System. It seems like you are moving some stuff inside the source tree before installing.

Stefan

Some parts of GW, Inspector for the contents viewers, Finder for the finder
modules, GWorkspace for the file viewers, etc. install their bundles in the
resource directory of the main bundle. This was a (stupid) idea I've had some
years ago, (when /System/Library/Bundles was about empty) to not put too many
gworkspace things there.
Since then I haven't thought anymore to this problem and all the stuff has
remained as is.
Moreover this doesn't work because the bundles are installed also in their
natural location...
So, I think that I'll remove this "feature".