Re: [RFC] Remove gui/PrinterTypes directory containing PPDs from core

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: [RFC] Remove gui/PrinterTypes directory containing PPDs from core
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 14:32:08 -1000

Since GNUstep is cross-platform, I think that is the only way to go. Right now I'm working on a framework called GSCUPS which is a complete wrapper of CUPS; from the lowest layer stuff to the highest. I think this will come in very handy for such a printing-backend system. I'm gonna keep plugging away at it as a separate framework and if a printing-backend system becomes a reality I would gladly transfer the code over into a format suitable for that.

I just tarballed a snapshot of it as it stands RIGHT now. It may not compile but you can check it out and see that plenty of work has already has gone into it; it is well on it's way to completion. You can get it a ftp://ftp.sgstep.org/pub/GSCUPS

I've started work on a Printer Setup utility as well, it is one method I use to debug GSCUPS itself.

Chad